Thursday, September 23, 2010

Major Accomplishment

Last night I didn't take my usual dose of kiddie benedryl to keep me asleep.  I slept more lightly than normal and woke up at 12:30 and HAD TO EAT. I was craving salt and protein. So I had some cream cheese, turkey, and the remnants of my oatmeal from earlier in the week. I felt guiltyguiltyguilty, but I was hungry and the food tasted really good (not muted, like when I'm overfull). Also, I didn't get up to eat sugary or carby things, which is what I would think I would want to eat if my body didn't really want food but my mind did.

The Accomplishment came when I went back to bed.  Edith wanted to chat, and even though I told her to hit the road, she kept chatting, but I tried to tune her out. So I laid in bed for a while, my mind racing with thoughts of today and all of the yummy food I wanted to make and try (namely, BAGELBAGELSBAGELS with creamcheese and meats of all kinds).  And I breathed.  And I watched my breath. And I let the thoughts continue as I watched my breath. And soon it was only breath. And then it was sleep.  

I slept fitfully for the rest of the night, but that's not unusual.  When I woke (and only a few minutes before my alarm), I felt rested. And really proud that I didn't let those chatty Kathy's inside my head kick me out of bed.


I'm really hoping that when I look back on these posts in a month, in 6 months, and years later, I think I sounded really crazy and ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment